Friday, September 22, 2017

Ch. 5, Page 2

Ehlissa rushed to greet her old friend, and then she and Tenser exchanged a quick hug.

"Come in, make yourself at home!" Ehlissa said. "Here, let me clear off a place for you to sit. Shoo!" she said to a songbird on a stool.

"I did want to let you know I made it back safely," Tenser said as he checked the stool for any bird-created surprises that might have been left behind.

"I'm glad you did," Ehlissa said as she looked around for something for her to sit on. "You know I always worry about you going back to Castle Greyhawk. How is the old place?"

"Well, you know..." Tenser said, but he left it at that for the moment. He was never sure how much Ehlissa wanted to hear about the dungeon, so he would wait for her to prompt him further.






2 comments:

  1. I see a slow but sure shift in Tenser's companions toward Law and Good, perhaps? ;D

    Allan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good observation! This will, indeed, be a central theme to this chapter.

      Delete